Mr. Joshua James tagged me with a meme that looks like fun. So let's play.
Here’s how it works:
Look up 15 of your favorite films on IMDb and take a quote from each. List them below. When someone guesses the quote correctly, I cross it off the list.
Here are mine, some are patently obvious, while others may be less so. Leave a comment with your answers.
Below are the answers, with credit given to those who first answered correctly.
1. What about glitter? When I was a headliner in Paris, audiences always liked it when I sparkled. This is right, lil' Becky Comtois: Ed Wood.
2. Ned, you remember that drover I shot through the mouth and his teeth came out the back of his head? I think about him now and again. He didn't do anything to deserve to get shot, at least nothin' I could remember when I sobered up. Ian got this one: Unforgiven.
3. You, flock of seagulls, you know why we're here? Why don't you tell my man Vincent where you got the shit hid? Correctamundo, Mr. Freeman: Pulp Fiction.
4. France isn't - you know - perfect, or anything, but - it's just - oh, slightly less evil than the United States. This one, I admit, was a tough one, which is why I don't think anyone caught it: Crumb.
5. She's not my special lady, she's my fucking lady friend. I'm just helping her conceive. Both Pete and Kid Sistois got this one: The Big Lebowski.
6. This may smell bad, kid, but it'll keep you warm until I get the shelter up... Ugh. And I thought they smelled bad on the outside. Actually gonna have to give this one to Mr. MattJ (though, very close, Adam): The Empire Strikes Back.
7. They just shoot a bolt in their head, and then retract it. It's just BOOM-shht-BOOM-shht. Right again, Becky and Pete: The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.
8. Hi, there. I want to talk to you about ducts. Right again, Freeman: Brazil.
9. We're about to make film history, right here... on videotape. That's absolutely right, Pete: Boogie Nights.
10. I have to get more pudding for this trip to Hawaii. As I just said that out loud I realize it sounded a little strange but it's not. Well done, Adam: Punch Drunk Love.
11. You're a beautiful girl, I couldn't imagine you'd have any interest in me except as an amusingly cranky eccentric curiosity. Kid Sister Comtois is on a freakin' roll: Ghost World.
12. This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype. Well, it used to mean something in this town. They used to pull the hog out, and they used to *eat* it. You're hypocrites, all of you! You have a problem with what I'm saying, Larry? You got it, Pedro: Groundhog Day.
13. My grammy never gave gifts. She was too busy getting raped by Cossacks. Correct again, Mr. Szymkowicz: Annie Hall.
14. When you see the girl in the picture that was shown to you earlier today, you will say, "this is the girl". The rest of the cast can stay, that's up to you. But that lead girl is "not" up to you. Now you will see me one more time, if you do good. You will see me, two more times, if you do bad. Good night. Correct again, MattJ: Mulholland Dr.
15. So this guy walks into a bar and he says to the bartender, "Can I use your phone?" The bartender says, "Sure." So he wipes his ass on it and the bar - What? Ah, shit. I just told you the punchline. Been telling this joke so fuckin' long, I knew I'd fuck it up. And, as I figured, Kid Sister got this one as well: The American Astronaut.
Seeing too many movies,
James "Well-Balanced" Comtois