Monday, October 05, 2009

Tickets Now on Sale for The Blood Brothers Present...The New Guignol

It looks like it's shaping up to be a semi-equal mix of blatant personal plugging and writing up more horror films on Jamespeak this week.

Since I announced that the next couple films I'd be writing about would be classic horror films from the 1970s, I realized I got the release dates wrong for the next two films on my list, so they'll have to be pushed back a couple days. I double-checked and found that one of them — which I own — is actually from the late-60s, while another — which was at the top of my Netflix queue — was in fact released in 1980.

(To answer your question, no, I don't have the release dates of many of these films memorized. Yes, I am an uncultured, uneducated boob. Heh. "Boob.")

This means that one film is getting bumped up on my re-viewing/writing-up list and the other two have been pushed back, just so I can close out the '70s for the time being.

With a bit of luck, and a bit of elbow grease, my entry on this classic '70s horror film will be posted tomorrow. I'll write up and post my entry on this yet-to-be-disclosed classic horror film from the '60s later in the week, with my write-up on a yet-to-be-named horror staple from the '80s scheduled to go up early next week.

(Although I haven't named any of these films, I think you can easily guess which ones they are. Seriously, which universally revered horror film from the 1970s have I not yet written about? Plus, a classic horror film released in 1980? Whichever one could it be? Oh, well. No matter.)

So, to recap: entry on classic horror film from the '70s to be posted here tomorrow. Entry on classic horror film from the late-60s to be posted Thursday or Friday. Entry on classic horror film from 1980 to be posted Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Until then, I'll be doing my obligatory plugging, as I've got two theatre-related event-type things coming up.

So. First things fuckin' last:

Tickets for The Blood Brothers Present...The New Guignol are now on sale.

Seriously, folks. It's a very limited run (just four nights and this show goes up to the Great Production in the Sky), so it may be a good idea to buy your tickets now.

From Nosedive Productions

and the Brick Theater...

The Blood Brothers Present...The New Guignol


Written by Danny Bowes, James Comtois & Mac Rogers

Directed by Pete Boisvert, Rebecca Comtois, Stephanie Cox-Williams,
Abe Goldfarb, Matt Johnston & Patrick Shearer

Featuring
Ryan Andes*, Becky Byers, Rebecca Comtois, Jessi Gotta*, Stephen Heskett, Robert Leeds*, Marsha Martinez, Ben VandenBoom & Cotton Wright*

*Actor appears courtesy of The Actors' Equity Association

EXTREMELY LIMITED ENGAGEMENT

OCTOBER 28-31
Wednesday through Saturday

AT THE BRICK THEATER

A father locks his daughter away because he can't bear to share her with her mother, or anyone else. A man holds a busload of passengers hostage with no demands, and one woman does the unthinkable to attempt escape. And a scorned husband offers his wife a ghastly maternity gift.

These tales and others make up this year's The Blood Brothers Present... series, Nosedive Productions' annual October horror show. Following the tradition of the original Grand Guignol Theatre, Danny Bowes (Q&A: The Perception Of Dawn, This Is The New American Theatre), James Comtois (Infectious Opportunity, The Adventures Of Nervous-Boy) and Mac Rogers (Viral, Universal Robots), write new stage plays based on true stories "ripped from the headlines."

The Blood Brothers Present...The New Guignol features nudity and graphic violence and is recommended for adults only.

The Blood Brothers Present...The New Guignol will be performed at The Brick Theater (575 Metropolitan Ave. in Williamsburg, Brooklyn) for a LIMITED RUN October 28, 29, 30 & 31 (Wednesday through Saturday). All shows are at 8 p.m. and tickets are $18. Subway: L train to Lorimer Street or G train to Metropolitan Avenue. For tickets visit www.bricktheater.com or call 212-352-3101 (toll-free: 1-866-811-4111).

Writing about gore any way he can,

James "Hemoglobin Hobgoblin" Comtois

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger joshcon80 said...

I'm crossing my fingers that the 1960's movie is Rosemary's baby.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.