Friday, June 30, 2006

A Brief Pause To Address Joshua James's Troll

Although wanting to reserve this blog for promotional purposes for the next couple of weeks, I would like to pause and address something I rarely do here in Jamespeak, and that’s talk about a certain cowardly retard who decided to spout invective at fellow blogger and playwright Joshua James in his Dojo.

(I’ll try to keep this as brief as possible.)

Mr. James recently wrote an entry chastising the Bush Administration and its supporters about the Big Lie of WMDs in Iraq and using the existence thereof as a justification for going to war. As I said in Mr. James’s comments section, I rarely talk/write about this subject, because doing so just puts me in a blind rage and I can’t help but froth at the mouth. However, because of a certain troll that crept its way into his blog and spouted off tired—and wrong—invective at the author, I figured I’d take a short break from my shameless self-promotion and write about this (unpleasant) subject.

Here’s the troll’s post:

yourefullofcrap Says:

June 30th, 2006 at 2:07 am

do you think a no balls liberal like you would try to wipe out terroism? We’d be fucked if a libby got elec elected into office. they’d do what clinton did when the massacre happened in Ruwanda…NOTHING!! yOU libbys scare the fuck out of me - you have not clue as to what needs to take place - the terrorist are not going to stop. YOu think 911 was bad??? Get over yourself you weaklink


Mr. James eloquently smacked this retard down.

I’m amazed at the level of denial current Bush supporters who use this line of “thought” display. This so-called argument (that we’re safer with Bush in office) is the cry of the desperate and deluded.

I remember, right when we began our war with Iraq, that several conservative friends and co-workers of mine were still convinced that the war was justified, and that Iraq had the WMDs and that Hussein and bin Laden were co-conspirators. A year into the war, after finding no WMDs, a few hardcore neo-cons I knew were still convinced that the WMDs were there in Iraq, it would only be a matter of time before U.S. Forces would find them (“They’re there,” a right wing co-worker of mine told me. “We’ll find them.”).

A few years later, I think even the most die-hard conservatives I know would be hard-pressed to admit that they believe the war in Iraq was (is) justified, since any and all justifications have dried up beyond the realm of “reasonable doubt.” (Full disclosure: although I was against the U.S. going into war with Iraq, I wasn’t 100% convinced at the time that Iraq definitely had no WMDs. Hey, maybe the CIA actually had information I didn’t.)

Obviously, I’m surprised that people like this troll are still around, spouting off wrong and evasive invective (yeah, for someone ranting invective, said invective is quite cowardly and evasive, since “Yourefullofcrap” couldn't even write what President Bush has done right).

We’ll forget, for the moment, to ask how having the terrorist attacks on September 11, Osama bin Laden being at large and New Orleans devastated by Hurricane Katrina all happening under President Bush’s watch equate to him being a good leader that makes us safe. We’ll forget, for the moment, that we’re immersed in an unjustified war with no end in sight. We’ll forget, for the moment, that the terrorist attacks came from Al-Qaeda, not Iraq. We’ll forget, for the moment, that bin Laden, not Hussein, orchestrated the terrorist attacks on the U.S.

Okay, no we won’t, actually. “Yourefullofcrap,” it seems, will.

I have to admit listening to President Bush’s defenders is kind of like listening to someone explain that two plus two equals peanut butter. I mean, how long do you listen to someone like that? How long do you try to explain to this person that no, two plus two does not equal peanut butter, but in fact equals four, before deciding to cautiously walk away from this person who’s clearly battling mental illness?

Let’s all acknowledge the painfully self-evident before little ignorant demons like “Yourefullofcrap” resurface:

1. The terrorist attacks came from Al-Qaeda, not Iraq.

2. Bin Laden, not Hussein, orchestrated the terrorist attacks on the U.S.

3. Invading Iraq has done nothing to make this country safer from terrorist attacks.

4. Having major terrorist attacks take place during your tenure in the Oval Office and not bringing those responsible to justice does not make you a strong leader.


Because of the histrionics and evasiveness of Mr. James’s anonymous poster, I’m thinking that he or she knows the proverbial “jig” is up. I’m just wondering why s/he’s still bothering.

Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest. Thanks for being patient with me.

And in closing, in addition to wishing you all a good Fourth of July, it turns out I’ll be doing some shameless self-promotion after all by thanking MattJ for his nice post on The Adventures of Nervous Boy!

A left-wing nut,

James “Terror Lover” Comtois

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamespeak said...

Sure thing. And I sure hope so.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.