Monday, July 10, 2006

Over and Done

Nosedive’s production of The Adventures of Nervous Boy has now gone up into that Great Production In The Sky, and it’s turned out that, despite this being our most expensive show ever, we actually made our money back on it (damn near unheard of in this weird little world of indie theatre).

This was by far the best run of a show Nosedive has ever experienced, something that came as a complete surprise (considering Pete and I were initially worried that the most people would get out of this show is, “Hmm…James must really enjoy killing strippers”).

Saturday night was the obligatory cast party chez Comtois, which was very fun. The really fun part, it seemed, was having some folks write and draw on Mac after he passed out on my couch. On one hand, I had nothing to do with the defiling of Mr. Rogers. On the other, I didn’t lift a finger to try and stop the culprits.

This show has marked a number of firsts for the company: the first time we extended a run, the first time we ran a show for more than a month, the first time we got recognition from Time Out NY, the first time we had more reviews than you can count on one hand (if you want to count the bloggers, at this point, more than you can count on both hands), the first time we sold out more than half of our performances.

Many thanks to everyone who worked on this and to everyone who came out to see this. I love you all.

(And for those who couldn’t make it to this, don’t worry. I’m not withholding love from you. There’ll be another Nosedive Production coming up before you know it.)

Still, I’m absolutely in awe of playwrights like Sheila Callaghan, Adam Szymkowicz and even our very own Nervous Boy, Mac Rogers, for closing one show then jumping right into another without any break. I know, I know, that’s how it’s supposed to be done, but I’m just about ready to take a nap (especially since I’ve just finished watching Firefly and re-watching Serenity and am super-bummed that there’s no more Firefly to enjoy).

Tomorrow I’ll start work on a new script. And next week, Pete, Patrick and I will meet up to discuss options for the future of The Adventures of Nervous Boy. Really.

Today I just rest.

Sleeping in,

James “Rested” Comtois

2 Comments:

Blogger Adam Szymkowicz said...

big congrat! Great show even though you like to kill strippers.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Jamespeak said...

One should NEVER pass out at a Nosedive party. Mac's lucky he didn't get lipstick put on him. Yeah, we're a real class act.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.