Monday, September 11, 2006

Ah, Home Sick Home

I'm back.

Although I do miss staring out at the ocean and doing nothing, it is nice to be back home where I can stare out at the computer monitor and do nothing.

I returned on Saturday, and I had a few drinks in Park Slope on Saturday night with fellow theatre bloggers Matt Freeman and Matt Johnston as well as the "adorable" Marsha Martinez (to celebrate Mr. Johnston's birthday).

A nice way to get back into the swing of things, if I do say so myself.

Despite have nothing to say on the subject (on this space right now, anyway), I do have to point out the excruciatingly obvious that today is the five-year anniversary of the terrorist attacks. Really, I have nothing to write about on the subject. I could have watched the ABC "Television Event" The Path To 9-11 last night and used the experience to rant/rave about it here, but it ran concurrently with the season premieres of The Simpsons and Family Guy, so FOX won my attention.

(Waaaaay back when my friend Adam Schrader [fellow BU alum and original member of Slow Children at Play] had his own Web site, the now defunct Allston02134.com, I had written something - a lot of somethings, actually - on Sept. 11 and where I was when the attacks happened and what went on with me. It's not really interesting enough of a story to bear repeating. So I'm not doing it again. Maybe if I can find the original essay [which is doubtful] I'll re-post it. But don't hold your breath or anything, folks.)

So I'm aware that you can't post a blog entry on Sept. 11 without at least acknowledging the day of infamy (or should it be Day of Infamy?). However, I really have little to nothing left to say on the subject that hasn't been said by many people (myself included) many, many times before.

As Forrest Gump would say, "That's all I have to say about that."

Ahem.

On a completely unrelated note, I would like to welcome Time Out New York theatre editor David Cote to the land of theatre blogging. You'll note his name on the blogroll to your right.

Your daily dose of inanity,

James "Drivelsmith" Comtois

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.