Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It Begins

Tonight is opening night of theatre minima's debut production, In Public, written by George Hunka and directed by Isaac Butler (with sound design by Nosedive's own Patrick Shearer). It's at the Manhattan Theatre Source on 177 MacDougal Street for two weeks. You can buy your tickets here.

Break the proverbial legs, guys. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Also, tomorrow night is the opening of The Blood Brothers Present: An Evening of Grand Guignol Horror, at the 78th Street Theatre Lab on 236 West 78th Street (at Broadway). You can buy your tickets here.

This Blood Brothers show is the first Nosedive (or semi-Nosedive) show I've been very hands-off with. It's been weird, although a bit nice, to be ostensibly a bystander and civilian in this production. I went to the initial reading and witnessed some of the "blood labs" and watched the folks buy and built the ghoulish props for the show (and I've been plugging it), but that's it. I haven't sat in on any of the rehearsals, so I'm excited to see it for the first time tomorrow night.

Despite this, I've been keeping myself busy on my end. I'm still working on that as-yet-untitled-superheroes-in-the-real-world play (slowly, very slowly, but surely), working on a short sketch for Christi Waldon's Friday Night Fight Club, which will be playing at Galapagos in Williamsburg on November 12 and getting ready to stage an excerpt of my short play, Captain Moonbeam and Lynchpin, for the Vampire Cowboys' upcoming REVAMPED fundraiser show (Nov. 19).

Sometime soon, the folks at Nosedive Central and I will have to start prep work for Suburban Peepshow, which we hope to stage sometime in February or March (depending on when and where we find a space).

But really, that's all down the road. In the meantime, why don't you enjoy some marital angst and severed limbs this month?

Game on,

James "Ref" Comtois

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.