Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Beginning Captain Moonbeam

Last night was our first rehearsal for "Captain Moonbeam and Lynchpin" for the Revamped: The Superhero Diaries show on November 19, which went very well. We managed to block about 90% of the show and plan on blocking the remaining 10% on Thursday.

Oddly enough, I had written out how I wanted the first scene to be blocked before the other two actors showed up. When Ben VandenBoom (one of the actors and co-director of the show) arrived, he had apparently blocked out the first scene as well and showed me the blocking.

It was exactly what I had written down. As in, exactly what I had written down.

I don't know if this is a sign that we're both uninspired directors or are eerily simpatico with this piece, so I'm going to go ahead and assume the latter for the time being.

I'm thinking this is going to be some fun. I'm not only looking forward to people seeing our piece, but I'm also looking forward to seeing the other writers' pieces.

Tonight we run through my short piece for "Circo Pelear." Yeah, it's going to be a busy week.

Washing his tights,

James "Up, Up, And Away!" Comtois


Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.