Monday, November 20, 2006

Getting Laughs, Even

The REVAMPED: The Superhero Diaries fundraiser show went very well, with The Vampire Cowboys getting a packed house of enthusiastic audience members. Our entry, "Captain Moonbeam and Lynchpin," was received quite nicely. I was surprised it got so many laughs, especially since it's a rather humorless script to read. But the audience found it quite funny. I also enjoyed all the other contributions to the show ("Ellie" by Lloyd Suh and "(Blac)cident" by Chad Beckim being my personal favorites).

Like at last year's REVAMPED show, I had what the kids call "a blast." I really can't thank Abby, Qui, Robert and the rest of the Vampire Cowboys enough for inviting me back to participate. Also many thanks are due to everyone who came out and saw this, as well as to Ben VandenBoom, Ben Trawick-Smith (who performed in it) and Patrick "Charlie Willis" Shearer (who ran the slideshow).

For those of you who will be in town during Thanksgiving week, starting tonight, playwright Joshua James is having a limited run of a collection of his shorter works playing at ManhattanTheatreSource. Douglas Ullman Jr. directs. Tickets are $15. I'm hoping to see this before I climb aboard a bus headed for New England in two days.

Too cute for words,

James "The Next Shirley Temple" Comtois

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.