Friday, February 09, 2007

Friday Nattering

We've shot and edited our first video sketch for our Feb. 24th fundraiser show, which I think audiences will find either very funny or very scary or possibly both. The folks here at Nosedive Central have been writing mulling over ideas for sketches for a little while now and will probably meet up to do some actual writing in the next week or two. It'll be a fun evening...although no, I will not be brushing my teeth and drinking a large glass of orange juice (like I did for our holiday party).

It'll be on Saturday, February 24th at the EAT Studio Space on 311 West 43rd Street, 5th Floor (between 8th and 9th avenues). Admission is $20, with all the booze you can drink.

Doors open at 10 p.m., "show" starts around 11 or so, drinking and debauchery goes until dawn.

The reason why I've been pretty mum around these here parts is because, in addition to being preoccupied with trying to get my money back from the bank and Home Depot, I had wanted to write something on Kirby Dick's documentary, This Film is Not Yet Rated, and about the MPAA Ratings Board in general, but it ended up being a bit more unwieldy than I had expected. (The ratings board for movies does get my blood up. A weird pet issue, I know, but there you are.) It's one of those situations where I either have too little or too much to write about on the subject.

(I know that most bloggers use Friday as a chance to do their "Friday Random Ten" but considering I don't own an iPod and actually don't really listen to music too much [no, I'm not kidding] that's pretty much out. Over at CollisionWork, Ian W. Hill does his Friday Cat Blogging, but since I have no cats to blog about, that's also out. Plus, Ian's asked me to stop posting photographs of his pets. He's finding it really creepy that I sneak into his home when he's not around to take pictures.)

With a little luck, I'll be able to finish and revise the movie ratings entry sometime next week to make it resemble something coherent rather than a weird rant that's all over the map.

In the meantime, have a good weekend, folks.

A fictitious elephant king,

James "Babar" Comtois

Ps. On a side note, I'd like to extend happy birthday wishes to fellow theatre blogger Mark "Mr. Excitement" Armstrong. Happy birthday, Mark!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, as much of a heel as i might seem to be, given that our last newsletter announced our "unfundraiser" party to be on february 24th, it turns out that i'm not a heel, just a fool who proofreads for grammar more carefully than he proofs for content. our party is on the 23rd...more details to follow!

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.