Monday, June 11, 2007

The 300th Post

Although I can't say I'm 100% wild about the Sopranos series finale, I also can't say I'm surprised.

What made the show intriguing to watch was also what made it frustrating and insufferable: David Chase and his writers refused to offer the payoffs you extected and defied logical narrative arcs. Sometimes this worked beautifully, like when a major character would be killed off in the first five minutes of an episode. Sometimes it most certainly did not, like...well, the entire fourth season.

Heather Havrilesky from Salon offers a pretty good analysis here. The subhead of the article says, "David Chase gives fans the finale they deserve." She may be incredibly right about that.

And that's my 300th post.

Not talking about the Tonys 'cause I didn't watch them,

James "Sir Postsalot" Comtois

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.