Friday, June 01, 2007

Shows This Weekend

Well, it looks as though my weekend will be fairly full of this silly-ass theatre stuff. In addition to participating in the Brick's Impending Theatrical Blogging Event on Sunday, tonight I'm checking out Working Man's Clothes' latest production, Penetrator. Isaac Byrne, the company's co-founder, artistic director and all-around groovy guy, asked me to review it for Jamespeak. Although I'm looking forward to it and have no intention of "trashing" it, I did ask him if it was okay to write a negative review if I didn't like it. He pointed out that, since their last show was a collection of one-acts called fuckplays and this new show is called Penetrator, his company has no excuse having thin skin. Fair point.

Tomorrow I'm seeing This is The New American Theater as part of the Brick's Pretentious Festival to review for Martin Denton.

On Sunday before said Blogging Event I'll be seeing this piece of loveliness by one of the prettiest theatre bloggers in the New York school of theatrical blogging.

Unrelated to all this theatergoing malarkey, Laura Axelrod has memed me, so with luck, I'll be able to post my eight random tidbits on Monday. Hell, maybe even today, considering the workload at my day job is pretty light today.

Ah, screw it. I'll make this the last post of the week. Sorry, folks, you'll have to get up close and personal with your Comtois on Monday.

Have a good weekend, folks.

Teasing his fans,

James "Boy Toy" Comtois

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.