Friday, February 08, 2008

Welcome to Nowhere Gets Remounted at PS 122

Temporary Distortion's excellent piece, Welcome to Nowhere (bullet hole road) is getting remounted for four performances at PS 122 in the East Village from Feb. 20-23. Details can be found here.

This play if you recall made it to number two on my list for the best plays I had seen in 2007. Here's what I originally wrote about it:

"A captivating, hypnotic, and mesmerizing work of art, easily one of the best plays I've seen this year. ... I've never seen anything like this on the stage. Sure, I've seen plays that utilize non-linear storytelling, mixed- and multi-media. I've also seen works that act more as installation pieces than conventional 'plays' before. But I've never seen something that employs all these methods that is so compelling, so haunting, so thoroughly absorbing. I loved this show."


Yes, I still stand by this and really can't recommend seeing this enough if you missed it the last time 'round. This is a very limited run (only four performances), so get your tickets as soon as possible.

In the meantime, have a good weekend, folks.

F**king Matt Damon,

James "Perky Comedienne" Comtois

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.