Thursday, March 20, 2008

Three-Day Weekend!

Well, we've finished auditions for Colorful World, which really was an "embarrassment of riches" going in (pretty much everyone who auditioned, which was a mix of Nosedive regulars and people whose work we've admired for a while, did so beautifully) and I sent Martin my review for Rainbow Kiss, which should be posted on nytheatre.com Saturday night.

I just have to proof something at my work and I am done for the week. WOO-HOO!

I'm spending my Saturday night seeing this piece of awesomeness again. Then on Sunday, this.

Anyway, have a good weekend, folks.

Checking the fuck out,

James "Yo' Mamma" Comtois

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Riccio said...

Can't wait to read your thoughts on Rainbow Kiss. I still have to write up a review tonight, but I saw it last night, and loved it. It's been a while since I've been scared shitless by anything in a play, but between this one and their last, "Bad Jazz," The Play Company is either really pushing the physical boundaries of the stage or Irish playwrights are just crazy (in a good way). I mean, I saw Lieutenant of Inishmore while it was still at the intimate Atlantic stage, and I didn't really FEEL what I felt seeing this one (the farcical direction, I think). Here, there are a few repetitious scenes, but I think that dull loneliness is necessary to emphasize the point. (I could've done with a less predictable ending, though.) Blah blah blah, here I go rambling in your comment section . . . sorry.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.