Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Like Reviewing a Unicorn"

Does this mean that Guns N' Roses Axl Rose's Chinese Democracy could actually be good? Does this mean it's actually been made?

My favorite line from the review:

"Rose suddenly sings an otherwise innocuous line ('But I don't want to do it') in some bizarre, quasi-Transylvanian accent, and I cannot begin to speculate as to why. I mean, one has to assume Axl thought about all of these individual choices a minimum of a thousand times over the past 15 years. Somewhere in Los Angles, there's gotta be 400 hours of DAT tape with nothing on it except multiple versions of the 'Sorry' vocal. So why is this the one we finally hear? What finally made him decide, 'You know, I've weighed all my options and all their potential consequences, and I'm going with the Mexican vampire accent. This is the vision I will embrace. But only on that one line! The rest of it will just be sung like a non-dead human.'"


Also, Rolling Stone offers a very positive review.

I really had no interest in hearing the album. Until now. Now color me intrigued.

Getting in the ring,

James "Rocket Queen" Comtois

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Management said...

Seeing something released now that we expected to come out back when we were in high school- wait, is that Godot getting off the bus?!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Jamespeak said...

Exactly! Rolling Stone pointed out that this is the first collection of original GNR songs to be released since the first Bush Administration. Yes, it's been that freakin' long.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Qui Nguyen said...

Chuck Klosterman is one of the best. Love his books and articles every time. Always entertaining.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Jamespeak said...

Oh yeah. This is definitely an entertaining review.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.