Thursday, November 13, 2008

Truckin' Away on Infectious Opportunity

Sorry for the radio silence on this page for the past couple of days. This week has been my "Writing In Earnest" week, forcing myself to write at least seven pages a day on the new script, Infectious Opportunity. I say "force myself," though to be honest, it's fortunately been coming along pretty smoothly. My self-imposed seven-page minimum (to accommodate my self-imposed deadline of December 1 for presenting the folks at Nosedive Central a readable rough draft) has not been a struggle so far.

Will that last? Based on past experiences, it's highly doubtful. But I guess it's no good looking a gift horse in the mouth, so for the moment I'll just ride it and enjoy.

Just as long as I keep the second-guessing to a minimum I should be fine. I just need to remind myself (as is the case with any writing project): now's not the time to assess whether or not it's any good. Now's just the time to get it all down on paper.

So far, so good.

Another horror film entry will be posted either tomorrow or early next week, if all things go to plan. And then, it's back to trucking along seven pages a day until this spring play is done.

Needing to write one
more page for today,

James "Middling Achiever" Comtois

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write, Comtois, Write!!!

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me like your writing!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Jamespeak said...

Thanks, ogre! And sorry to hear about that septum.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Jamespeak said...

And will do, wood-nymph!

Now...you and the ogre...kiss a little. It will amuse me.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.