Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here's to 2009!

And suck it, 2008!

Ah, I'm just kidding. All in all, there were some pretty good chunks in 2008. We elected Obama President, after all. And 2008 was the year I stopped drinking. And it was the year Nosedive staged my superhero play, Speed Demons with Vampire Cowboys, and plays based on Stephen King stories. And movies like The Dark Knight and Synecdoche, New York came out.

So it wasn't all bad.

This Saturday we'll be presenting the final episode of Speed Demons as part of Vampire Cowboys' Saturday Night Saloon. Next week, I'll be unveiling my "Top Ten" list for 2008 and, I have to say, this year there were some tougher choices than previous years. I ended up seeing quite a number of very, very good shows, and believe it or not, I need a few days to ponder what makes the Number One spot (it's between two shows). This has never happened before: the #1 spot is usually a lock pretty early on and blatantly obvious to me. This time, not so much. The two in question (which I won't reveal now) are damn near neck-and-neck. So whichever one I choose, you can pretty much assume it beat the play on the #2 spot by a nose.

So until then, Happy New Year, everyone!

Wearing the diaper,

James "Creepy Baby New Year" Comtois

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.