Friday, January 16, 2009

Doing My Civic Duty (Heh, "Duty")

I was away on jury duty yesterday, hence my absence. Fortunately, I was not selected, dismissed, and now free from being selected for at least eight years! I'm quite relieved. Four years ago I was selected for a jury, then had to wait in the Brooklyn court house waiting room for four days before being dismissed (the case was eventually settled out of court). So to say that I wasn't looking forward to this was putting it mildly.

And hell, I thought I made myself seem like a fair and impartial juror, and they dismissed me, anyway. Guess they could see in my eyes that I'm all for hanging (even though it was a civil suit).

The reading for Infectious Opportunity went quite well. Thanks to everyone who participated. I particularly liked what Daryl Lathon said to me after the reading: "You may have created the most despicable character for the stage ever. And I've played Mephistopheles!"

I guess I'll take that as a compliment.

I now know where to make rewrites and with a little luck, will have a revised draft that I'm happy with by Monday, if not sooner. Once the rewrites are done, we kick into high gear in making this thing actually happen in June. We have a couple options on spaces and we're narrowing them down and ready to make a decision very soon. Once we make that decision and the initial payment, I'll be sure to let you know all about it.

Anyway, that's what's going on at my end of the barnyard. Have a good weekend, folks!

Charging guilty,

James "Impartial" Comtois

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.