Wednesday, April 01, 2009

"Insert Title That Makes You Laugh, Think and Swoon For Blogging Playwright Here"

I sent in my first draft of Anton Craven's Ghastly Scheme to the guys in Gods of Fire and are waiting to hear their thoughts. I know I'll be writing many more drafts in the future, but for now, I'm just relieved to have the rough finished.

One of the things I noticed when writing the book for a musical (and having nothing to do with writing the music or lyrics) is that it does cater to any laziness one might have with writing. I've often found myself writing things to the effect of, "Insert Song That Explains All The Plot Points That Need Explaining Here," or, "Song That Fixes The Narrative Mess I've Made Goes Here."

We'll see how the band feels about this.

Nonetheless, it's been a pretty fun and interesting process since, again, I know nothing about writing a musical. Fortunately, I think I was approached to write the book precisely for this reason (they wanted someone more into horror than musicals, so I guess I was their guy).

I've also sent in my entry for Flux Theatre Ensemble's Poetic Larceny series, which goes up April 6 and April 13 (my entry will be featuring during the latter date).

Gotta say, it feels good to have completed two writing assignments in one day. I wonder what I'm gonna do with all this newfound free time?

Oh, right. Prep for and cast Infectious Opportunity. I forgot.

Your boxed lunch,

James "Meatwich" Comtois

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.