Friday, June 19, 2009

Friday Roundup

In addition to having fun seeing two shows yesterday - my friend and old college roommate Damian Wampler's Twin Towers at the Planet Connections Theater Festivity and Nosedive vet Ben Trawick-Smith's & Caitlin Simkovich's 41 Degrees North - I did something I haven't done in over 12 years.

I auditioned for a show.

Yes. That's right. I auditioned for a role in a play I didn't write: Mac Rogers' latest, VIRAL.

My disadvantage: well, I haven't really acted in a very long time (discounting the small roles I've played in my own stuff) and have been very out of practice with auditioning.

My advantage: the role I read for is the older brother of a character my younger sister is playing.

Regardless of the outcome, I had a lot of fun auditioning for Gideon Productions and am fortunate enough to be fine with the outcome no matter what. It'll be absolutely awesome to act in this, and I won't be even remotely upset if I don't get the part and will be excited to see the show as an audience member.

Definitely a win-win situation.

This weekend I plan to catch a few more shows at the Antidepressant Festival and debate which summer movies to see (I'm bummed to see that the critics are hating Year One and Whatever Works). I'll let you know how it all pans out.

In the meantime, have a great weekend, folks. I'll talk to y'all on Monday.

Sorry that I barfed all over
Mac and Jordana at the audition,

James "Stage Frightful" Comtois

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.