Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Top 10 Reasons to See Infectious Opportunity

Well, gang. Infectious Opportunity opens this Sunday, and it's really shaping up to be a pretty kick-ass show you won't want to miss. In fact, I'm gonna follow Brother Qui's lead and, just as he often offers Top 10 Reasons for seeing the Vampire Cowboys shows, offer you the Top 10 Reasons why you need to see Infectious Opportunity:



1. The cast. Yeah, everyone in the cast for this show is amazing. The Dream Team has been assembled here. Hell, our two leads, David Ian Lee and Andrea Marie Smith, have not only appeared on my annual Top Ten list multiple times, they've each been in shows that have made it to my #1 slot (David in Universal Robots and Andrea in both A Beginner's Guide to Deicide and Fight Girl Battle World). I've been hardcore fans of everyone in this cast for a while now. So have you. I'm pretty damn thrilled to be having all them on board for a Nosedive show, most of them for the first time.

2. The story. Seriously. It's about a guy who fakes having HIV. Don't tell me you've seen this story told in a play, film, or TV series before.

3. It's funny as all hell. Yes. It's a show (tangentially) about AIDS. And it's funny. Don't look at me like that. You know you're intrigued.

4. It's serious and thought-provoking in a non-lame way. It's not all shits n' giggles here at Nosedive Central. Sure, we like to make milk shoot out your nose, but also make you feel sad and introspective while milk is dribbling down your front from your nostrils. And we're not all freakin maudlin or heavy-handed about it. I mean, come on. It's Nosedive, after all.

5. The set is badass. Ben VandenBoom and Kid Sister Comtois have created a unique and kick-ass set. So in addition to it being fun to watch, it'll also be pretty and fun to look at.

6. The music is also badass. The multi-talented Mr. Itai Sol from the righteous indie rock band Bella Watt has written some awesome original music to underscore the show.

7. Chicks making out with dudes, dudes making out with dudes. I mean, this is why we all go see theatre, right?

8. It's written by me, and directed by Pete. You have crushes on both of us. And the feeling is mutual

9. It's a Nosedive show. This one's blatantly obvious but I think it bears repeating.

And finally...

10. It just may be one of the best shows Nosedive has ever done. Period.

So if you haven't already done so, get your tickets, and come check out Nosedive's latest, Infectious Opportunity.

The David Letterman of
the indie theatre world,

James "Kind of a Dick" Comtois

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous blair singer said...

James, I'm unable to come see the show but I'd love to read the script. Would you send it to me? It sounds right up my alley. Best, Blair. blairsinger@mindspring.com

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.