Monday, August 03, 2009

Back and the Same as Ever

Well, bitches. I'm back from Maine, all refreshed and ready to overcrowd the Interweb with banalities and blathering.

That's right. You've missed me. I can tell.

Well, the feeling is mutual, my little cyberdarlings.

Any ole' fuckeroo, I know there's been a request to bring some action and excitement back to the world of theatre blogging, but alas, I don't think I shall be bringing that to this site today. Maybe down the road, although it's kind of doubtful for several reasons, the biggest of which being that I'm not particularly interested in creating pseudo-controversy just for the sake of pseudo-controversy. And that's what it would be at this point, since I have no real beef with folks on the 'net or theatre scene.

(Word of warning to those who may interpret the above as a potential challenge: the odds of me taking any such bait are not good. I've got a great deal on my mind of late that makes a possible cyberfight on theatrical theory very, very low on my list of priorities right now.)

I will, however, be coming up with more ideas to make the blog less just blatantly "pluggy" (although that will continue to happen here). Doing the interview with Gus from Flux was a lot of fun and (I think) a great way to discuss theatre in a practical (as opposed to a vague and ethereal) way. I may consider doing another long-form dialogue with someone, like I did with Mr. Mac Rogers a few years back. And I may continue to write more reviews. And entries on horror films. We shall see, we shall see.

So, suffice it to say, I'm back. It feels okay, albeit a little weird, and I hope to get back into the swing of things here in the Rotten Apple soon.

And before I go, I just wanted to say break legs to the cast and crew of Gorilla Tango Theatre's production of The Adventures of Nervous-Boy, which opens tonight. If you're in the Chicago area, check it the hell out.

Yes, that's right. I'm still plugging. I never said I'd stop.

Crowding the Web with inanities,

James "Your Senile Great-Aunt" Comtois

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger joshcon80 said...

Hooray!

I was just about to email you and prod you into blogging again.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Jamespeak said...

Have no fear, sir. I'm here. I was gone, but now I'm back.

2:38 PM  
Blogger joshcon80 said...

By the way, I wanted to thank you for the Speed demon scripts. I started working on my serial about Navy wives living on a high security military base in rural Washinton and the mysterious goings on there. Very "Desperate Housewives" meets "Twin Peaks" meets "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman".

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.