Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Rough of The Little One

Well, I've finished it. The rough draft of The Little One, my vampire play, is done.

That's the good news.

The less-than-stellar news (for me, anyways) is that in my estimation, it needs a lot of work.

A Lot. Of work.

It will require several revisions before we even get to preproduction. However, for all intents and purposes, the core story is there and the first draft is complete.

I'm looking forward to getting dreading going to seek feedback from the folks at Nosedive Central and spending the next few months figuring out how to shape and polish it. Fortunately, I've given myself as much lead-time as possible before we need to start getting it on its feet as an honest-to-gorsh production so I can work and rework and polish and re-polish it to the point where I'm comfortable.

Yeah, I wanna nail this one because, let's face it: when your main characters are vampires, there's gonna be some pretension and corniness in your dialogue and story. That's pretty much unavoidable. However, I'd like to mitigate and weed out as much pretension and corniness as humanly possible before presenting it to paying audience members. Hell, I'd like to weed out as much in the next couple days, weeks and months before showing the script to friends and family members outside the inner circle.

Now let the revision process begin.

Well, first, onto writing episode three of Entrenched for the Saturday Night Saloon. But then: revising The Little One!

Looking forward to a different kind of fun,

James "Masochist" Comtois

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger macrogers said...

DAMN dude. What I would not give for your stunning work ethic.

It's not too soon to pass on the "hardest-working man in show business" title, is it? From one James to another?

10:20 AM  
Blogger Jamespeak said...

Thanks, Mac! Well, let's just see if this thing is any good. Plus, it may not be "work ethic" so much as "taking advantage of a sometimes crippling OCD."

And congratulations on the closing of Viral! I hear you guys had scalpers outside. Holy crap!

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.