Friday, September 11, 2009

Friday Roundup

Well, as Nathan Rabin once famously wrote, enough foolishness. Onto more foolishness. We had our third and final proper rehearsal (not counting tomorrow's 30 minute tech) for episode one of Entrenched, Nosedive's entry in Vampire Cowboys' Saturday Night Saloon last night and I'm now pretty pumped for people to see this, and am also primed to see the other serials tomorrow. I'm confident in writing that it's going to be a pretty kick-ass evening. You should go.

Having said that, I am sorry to be missing the first bill of one-minute plays from the 3rd Annual One-Minute Play Festival tomorrow, especially since it features the lovely statuesque blonde of my dreams, Miss Gyda Arber directing one of my pieces for the first time ("The Two Matts"). Lemme know how it goes, Gigi!

The Saturday bill features uber-short plays from Ashlin Halfnight, Emily Conbere, Bixby Elliot, John Devore, Michael John Garces, Jakob Holder, Jessica Litwak, Matt Olmos, Saviana Stanescu, Kyle Jarrow, Ken Urban, David Zellnik, Lanna Joffrey, Megan Mostyn-Brown, Liz Meriwether, Mat Smart, Mac Rogers, Andrea Thome, Matt Freeman, James Comtois (that's me, that's me!), Anton Dudley, Christine Evans, Robert Kerr, Callie Kimball, Sam Forman, Rajiv Joseph, Padraic Lillis, Trav SD and others.

There's also a Sunday lineup, featuring such authors as Callie Kimball, Clay Mcleod Chapman, Dave Anzuelo, Bixby Elliot, Kris Diaz, Christine Evans, Jeff Lewonczyk, J Julian Christopher, Courtney Brook Lauria, Adam Szymkowicz, Migdalia Cruz, Chiori Miyagawa, Ian Cohen, more Anton Dudley, Michael John Garces, Matt Olmos, Saviana Stanescu, Crystal Skillman, Liz Meriwether, more Matt Freeman, Matt Schatz, Caridad Svich, August Schulenburg, Chris Harcum, Daniel Talbott and more Trav SD.

So yes. A whole slew of super-short plays will be playing at the HERE Arts Center this Sautrday and Sunday. This shit will sell out. So get your tickets here.

Tonight, I'll be seeing The Brokenhearteds. They opened last night, and Pete said it went quite well. I'm definitely looking forward to it. You can hear the cast and crew talk about it with Martin Denton in a new nytheatrecast. Listen to it, then buy your tickets.

This of course means that my weekend is pretty all filled up, so unfortunately, I'll have to wait until next week to see this, which I hear also had a successful opening last night. But hey. You can't use my excuse, because, well, you're obviously not me. So if you're free this weekend, see one of these shows.

So that's what seems to be going on from my end, folks. You should do well checking out one or more of these things if you're in the New York area.

Have a good weekend folks. Hope to see many of you soon.

Going back to 1917,

James "Anachronizer" Comtois

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.