Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Testing Effects for Blood Brothers

I just realized, much to my chagrin, that in delivering all this "content" to this site, I've been neglecting my duties in bringing you embarrassingly transparent, untoward, unseemly, crass, blatant, shameless, Internet-clogging, blogosphere-threatening, theatrosphere-killing self-promotional entries! For shame, say I! For shame!

And it's even doubly-shameful when The New York Times is doing a better job of plugging my stuff than I am!

(Ya...ya see what I just did there? Ya like that? Go on, admit it. You did. And you can also admit it: I'm your hero. And the guy of your dreams.)

Well, since I'm behind, I guess it's time to get right crackin' on that and bring to you, dear readers, a blog post that serves nothing more than a tactless and dignity-killing plea to see my upcoming project.



Though, in all seriousness, I saw the run of the show last night, and I gotta say, I am super excited about this one. I think we may have the best Blood Brothers anthology to-date.

Seriously.

I'm not being hyperbolic. I think the lineup of plays - which are incredibly diverse this year and run the gamut of laugh out-loud funny to fun gross-out to truly psychologically terrifying and horrific - is hot. (Hell, Kid Sistois, not the most squeamish kid on the block, covered her eyes at one point during one of the early pieces. For real.) The new effects are fun. I dig the hell out of what all the actors are doing on this. The directors are bringing their A-games.

I'm really looking forward to people seeing this.

And again, since we open in a week, and only have four nights, get your tickets now. This shit will sell out.

And, to get you more in the mood, here's a video of Stephanie Cox-Williams testing out one of the effects featured in The Blood Brothers Present...The New Guignol.



So buy your tickets. You'll be glad you did.

Wanting some bloody head,

James "Sans Shame" Comtois

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Aww, doin ruin all the gore for us!

Although I gotta say, the words "blood-spurting penis stump" fill me with glee ...

9:39 AM  
Blogger Jamespeak said...

Oh, I won't. As you know, Benjamin, we's gots plenty for this show.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.