Thursday, February 18, 2010

Soundtrack Series Tonight in Astoria

Hey, gang. I know this is short notice and all, but for those in the Astoria area this evening, I'm participating in this.

The Soundtrack Series is a live monthly reading/storytelling event at Waltz Astoria, 23-14 Ditmars Blvd. in Astoria.

Six writers (including Yours Truly) will tell the memories, stories or tirades triggered every time they hear a particular song of their choosing.

I'm reading a short new piece I've written about a staple song of my adolescence: "Angel," by Aerosmith.

It's free, there's no cover or drink minimum (it's a coffee shop), although the management would like folks to at least buy some sort of coffee or muffin-like product while they're there (no big thing for me).

Any ole fuckeroo, hope to see you there.

Opening up in all the wrong ways,

James "Emotional Flasher" Comtois

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Your piece was fantastic last night. I'm thinking we should either have the exact same people do a second piece every other month, or we should just quit while were ahead.

Or... I guess, do it again with other writers...

But, man, that was some comtoisian goodness. Mac and I were talking in the middle of the night last night, and he said, "it's interesting, you give someone the chance to pick any song and write anything about it... and pop music is essentially about *that time* in your life, when everything is changing from childhood to adulthood..."

Complete with inappropriate boners.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Jamespeak said...

Thanks, Sean! I'm really glad you liked it. I have absolutely no confidence in doing any sort of musical analysis piece, so I figured I'd stick with a song that reminded me of That One Time.

And of course I don't have much confidence in doing any sort of in-depth analysis of my life, so I figured I'd stick with a coming-of-age tale that devolves into one big dick joke. That's my safe territory.

11:03 AM  
Blogger joshcon80 said...

That sounds AMAZING. I wish I hadn't missed that.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.