Monday, March 15, 2010

Countdown to Slasherland

I am getting exorbitantly pumped for the Vampire Cowboys Theatre Company's latest show, Alice in Slasherland, which opens this Thursday.


I've already bought my ticket for this Friday and plan to go again the following weekend.

Every year, the Cowboys do a show that takes on a particular fanboy genre, be it sci-fi fantasy, superhero comics, zombie films or '70s blacksploitation.

This time around, obviously, they're taking on the slasher film genre.

Oh, yes. Ooohh, yes.

The Cowboys are without question one of my favorite theatre companies of all-time. Every show I've seen since A Beginner's Guide to Deicide has made it to my Top Five list each year, a couple plays making it to the Number One slot. They're also a group of some of my favorite people (we often work with writer/co-artistic director Qui Nguyen, recently did a show with Slasherland star Andrea Marie Smith, and always enjoy being part of their Saturday Night Saloons out at the Battle Ranch).

Hell, I even just babysat for Qui and Abby (both Baby Badass Nguyen and I left the experience unscathed).

They know how to put on a show that the audience is just going to enjoy the hell out of. They put on plays that I'm genuinely giddy to go see.

They know how to bring it, is what I'm trying to say.

Check out all the promotional material, blog entries and interviews with the creative team here. Then go buy your tickets. Like, now.

This shit's selling fast. It is, after all, a Vampire Cowboys show.

Such a fuckin dork,

James "I Meant, Fanboy" Comtois

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Qui Nguyen said...

Thanks for the love, brotha! Can't wait for you to see it!

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.