Monday, March 01, 2010

Little Jimmy's Guide to Self-Producing: The Round-Up

Well, slap my ass. I actually got myself a jobby. After a few months of rolling around in my own sick in my living room while wearing a newspaper diaper (periodically singing atonally, "Dontchoo wish your boyfriend was...hot...like...me..."), some media outlet has decided to take a chance on Yours Truly to not stink up the joint.

Although I don't think this should alter my blogging pace, it should only alter my blogging habits (i.e., blogging in the PM rather than AM), which is just some inside baseball that I realize means fuck-all to you, dear readers.

So. As you read this (which is being typed up over the weekend and posted on Monday morning), I should be fumbling my way around the new office that has foolishly decided to employ me in a foolish hope to find the coffee room.

But rather than just blather on about now being gainfully employed, I figured I'd round up the first 10 Little Jimmy's Guide to Self-Producing entries for your convenience. I believe more shall be on their way, although my scattered brain often has a tough time figuring out how exactly to proceed next.

Part 1: An Introduction

Part 2: Getting Started

Part 3: Landing the First Show

Part 4: Moving Forward, Some Words of Caution

Part 5: Fundraising

Part 6: A Brief Tangential Pause (i.e., Ambient Bitching About Institutional Theatre)

Part 7: Publicity

Part 8: Filling the Gaps

Part 9: Festivals, Residencies & Co-Productions

Part 10: Getting the Band Together

More are sure to come in the future! Just as soon as I can find the goddamn coffee room.

The bumbling new guy,

James "Nope, That Ain't the Coffee Room" Comtois

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger RVCBard said...

At least you sort of work in media. I have to make due being Zuul, Gatekeeper of Gozer, Gozer the Gozarian, Gozer the Traveler, Gozer the Destructor, etc. etc. etc.

Sacrificing kittens is fun and all, but I'm looking for something to actually add to my resume.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Jamespeak said...

The frustrating thing is, you can have the most impressive and diverse resume, but if you mention sacrificing kittens just once, that's all any potential employer wants to talk about. Not about your work at CBS MarketWatch, not about your proficiency in SpeedWriter or InDesign, no. It's always just all about the kitty killing.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.