Monday, January 03, 2011

A New Year

Well, gang. I hope everyone had a splendid holiday break and New Year's. Here we are in 2011. Another year down, another year ahead of us.

2010 was an odd year for me; almost a "full circle" year, where in December I wound up back where I was in January (unemployed and more than a little adrift).

Did this past year "suck" for me? I don't think it'd be fair to say so, since a number of quite cool things took place: hanging out with my friend Celene in her mansion in Seattle, attending Mac and Sandy's wedding, being a groomsman for Abe and Jenny's wedding, mounting Nosedive's 10th anniversary season, being part of such fun projects as Clay Chapman's Fear Mongers, Subjective Theatre's We the Corporate Body Festival, and the Vampire Cowboys' always massively fun Saturday Night Saloon, not to mention being nominated for an NYIT Award and getting published, among many other things.

I'd be lying, however, if I didn't admit that a great deal of it sucked. That it was bookended by unemployment and bouts of borderline immobilizing depression certainly sucked.

Still, I'm hopeful for the upcoming new year. It's another chance to get things right and try new things. (True, one could say that about every day, but I've always seen Christmas and New Year's as a way of pressing the "RESET" button, so there you are. Guess I'm a Carpe Annum kinda guy.)

As for the future of this blog, eh, I still don't know. I'm sure I'll continue to use it to promote upcoming events and post videos of past events, but beyond that, it's really tough to say.

At any rate, here's to the New Year! May you all fare better in 2011 than in 2010, even if 2010 treated you well.

Ready to read all the books and
comics he got for Christmas,

James "Mr. Free Time" Comtois

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.