Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Penultimate Speed Demons Episode Coming Up

We're almost done rehearsing the fourth episode of Speed Demons, which goes up this Saturday at the Vampire Cowboys' Saturday Night Saloon, a consistently fun time for all. I've fortunately only given myself seven lines this time 'round (eight if you count an indignant grunt), most of them being, "What?" Yeah, no more multiple-page monologues for me: I learned my lesson after Pinkie.

This time around, Patrick Shearer has taken the reigns as director, and doing a very fine job. For me, it's been very fun having a different director on board for each episode, seeing how they deal with the material, and making it both their own thing and consistent with the overall tone and style of the serial. And I also enjoy seeing which music the directors pick for each episode.

Since the final episode goes up almost immediately after most folks recover from their New Year's Eve hangovers, I need to write the damn thing by the end of this week. And fortunately, that looks as though that’ll be it for my on-stage writing assignments for the year (even though I have about a half dozen other items on my "Writing To-Do" list, I just don’t need to finish them until January or February).

Is it really December already? Hot damn. Really feels like only a couple weeks ago the folks in Nosedive Central were burying me up to my neck in sand at the beach on the 4th of July. Ah, how time freakin' flies, people.

Anyway, I hope to see you fuckers at this Saturday’s Saloon, or join me in seeing this the following weekend.

Your socially standard deviant,

James "Math Pun King" Comtois

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.