Friday, December 11, 2009

The Penultimate Saloon Tonight!

Well, gang. The fourth Saturday Night Saloon of the third season is upon us, going up tonight at the Vampire Cowboys Battle Ranch, featuring six awesome pieces of episodic theatre, including the penultimate episode of Entrenched.

Nosedive Productions

in association with

The Vampire Cowboys Theatre Company

presents

Entrenched



A five-part WWI/Time Travel serial play by James Comtois

Two men fight in the trenches.

One has died twice.

The other is being held in a POW camp in 2009.

Directed by Pete Boisvert

Featuring
Peter Brown - Rebecca Comtois - Bryan Enk
Mac Rogers - Ben VandenBoom - Merlyn Wolf

As part of the Vampire Cowboys' Saturday Night Saloon.



Also featuring

LET'S NINJA SCIENCE RANGER TEAM GET!
by Dustin Chinn
(Member of the Ma-Yi Writers Lab)
directed by Qui Nguyen

MOTHER SACRAMENTO
by Mac Rogers
(Universal Robots; Viral; Hail Satan)
directed by Jordana Williams

HACK
by Crystal Skillman
(The Telling Trilogy; 4 Edges; Birthday)
directed by John Hurley

JACK O'HANRAHAN AND THE TROUBULATION OF DOOM
by Brent Cox
(The Dog & Pony Show)
directed by Padraic Lillis and Courtney Wetzel

LADY CRYPTOZOOLOGIST: SEASON 2
written & directed by Jeff Lewonczyk
(Babylon, Babylon; Macbeth without Words)

Saturday, December 12
at 8 p.m. at the Battle Ranch
405 Johnson Avenue, Brooklyn

ADMISSION IS FREE!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just to clarify, I simply love the premise and the characters, and I really hope you decide this is an idea you want to expand into a full length play. Not every typical "film" category will necessarily work in the theater, but "Entrenched" has me totally mesmerized. It's really, really exciting.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Jamespeak said...

Oh, awesome, Sean. Thanks! I've been having a great deal of fun with this one, and it's definitely one I plan to return to. I told Qui on Saturday night, I wish I had eight 30-minute episodes to tell this story, but I'm having fun taking on the challenge of telling it in five 12-30 minute episodes.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

You know, that's the thing. If you had two competing characters, moving through time, fucking up circumstances several generations ago... My mind is spinning at the end of every episode.

If you have 8 30 minute episodes, I would watch them all.

I actually have an idea for a superhero musical, if they want us to do it again next year. I don't have an idea for the story, but my favorite parts of superhero stories are always the creation myths, and I have a cool idea...

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.