Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tonight: Geek Out With HACK

Tonight, the Impetuous Theater Group is hosting a video game-playing fundraising event at Barcade for Hack! an I.T. Spaghetti Western by Crystal Skillman playing at the Brick Theater's Too Soon Festival this June.

I saw the serialized version of this show at the Vampire Cowboys' last Saturday Night Saloon and I can attest the show is great fun.

* * *



Were you a Donkey Kong champion in your youth? Did you stay up late playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Contra, Tetris, or Paper Boy on Nintendo? Here is your chance to get your nerd groove going and help us raise a little money to produce the kickass, laugh out loud show Hack! an I.T. Spaghetti Western by Crystal Skillman.

For $20 you get 20 quarters
(So it's really only $15)

Plus discount drinks all night, nerdy snacks to keep your energy up all night long, and cool prizes for the evening's high scores!

7 PM!!

BARCADE is located at 388 Union Ave (Williamsburg)
Take the L to Lorimer (Exit at Union Ave) OR
Take the G to Metropolitan

* * *

I'm definitely hitting both the show and the video game-playing fundraiser up. Join me?

Expecting to hit up Crystal for more quarters,

James "Arcade Game Junkie" Comtois

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger dave said...

GAH! I would have loved to go to this! I'm really interested in meeting these folks, cause I actually recently finished a Spaghetti Western Concept Rap album, called "Showdown at the BK Corral" which is basically an epic Spaghetti Western over 9 tracks - very influenced by Leone and Morricone. (You can download it for free at sunsetparkriders.com ) Do you know if they are having any more events of this nature? Or how I could get in touch otherwise?

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.